Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Checkpoint Four - Location

More location.. At the time I thought the car wash shoot was kinda cool, but once we'd finished the subject actually said to me, "Dont you think it will look racist, a young black kid washing a new car? Like what is it people will see?" Which to be honest I didnt actually think about whilst I was shooting, but now when I look at these images I can see what he means. I also put these images with the other ones from the series and they dont fit.. So that was a waste of time!

So out of all of these four I will only be using the first image. I love how the whole light pole is in the image, but I think it could do with some more of the road.. Maybe I will have to reshoot it, but hopefully I can get the car lights the same cos they're a huge part of the image..

I like the second image, because of the dirt path that has been worn into the grass but I just dont feel it is very strong..

Hopefully shooting again tonight - just hope its not as freezing as it was last night!!











1 comment:

  1. I beg to differ - I don't necessarily think it looks racist (car wash) - actually the ambivalence of why he is washing the car in ceremonial looking paint is interesting. The more difficult the "reading" of this images, the better, I think. S

    ReplyDelete